Came across this funny eulogy by John Cleese for his friend and fellow Python Graham Chapman. Made me laugh, maybe it will you too.
Here’s my list.
- work smarter, this doesn’t necessarily mean working harder or longer hours. Work out when people are taking advantage of your good nature
- don’t choose to work away from home so much, think of all the wasted time
- don’t treat work like a competition in which you need to come first, build lots of friendships and alliances
- take your MBA in your twenties, not thirties
- work out how to spend your time, what’s important and whats not - don’t sweat the small stuff
- dont lose your temper, you’ll feel and look stupid
- don’t buy stupid mid life crisis cars
- start your own business earlier
- realise that it’s not all about the paycheck, it’s about living a fruitful and happy life
- spend as much time as you can with the kids